The Money Grab

While I am very happy with my current position, sometimes it would be nice to have a bit more money to work with.  When things get particularly tight, there always seems to be someone who wants a bit more than I feel I can afford.  Lease renewal, there is an additional $150 per month, health insurance open enrollment, now there is an additional $75 per pay check, the list goes on and on.  Seems everyone seizes the opportunity for the money grab. 

Money Grab is a generic term that means someone or some entity is taking what they can while they can.  Leasing companies are the worst, especially when the property is taken over by a new management company. 

They invested a considerable sum to acquire your property and are going to do everything they can to recoup that investment.  All of a sudden, I have a charge for natural gas.  My unit does not have natural gas, just electric but the community swimming pool and spa uses gas so everyone now has to pony up their share for an amenity we may not use or care to have in the first place.  Pest control charge every month.  Interesting since I still have the random insect crawling about the place.  Convenience charge since my unit is positioned next to a sidewalk to the swimming pool.  Actually, I should get a break on the price since I am positioned very conveniently for criminals to enter and exit my property using the sidewalk. 

However, when companies see an opportunity, the government is not far behind.  Just look at your paystub and you will see that they take their fair share and then some.  I get paying Federal Income Tax so you don't have a huge bill to pay at the end of the year.  Although, I always seem to owe no matter how much I have paid in.

The Money Grab is real and does not seem to have an end in sight.  You get a raise, and it seems everyone else wants more as well.  So, onward I go to fight the good fight and hopefully end up making ends meet with even a small residual which seems to always get used before the proverbial rainy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If?

How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Remember the Ways

Reflecting on the Time Since the Signing