Concerning Blogging

Back a few years ago, when I was going through a divorce, I had a blog.  Yes, I jumped on the proverbial bandwagon and it was cool.  I had about 300 followers and everything was working well.  The articles were of the lifestyle variety, you know the type, top 10 reasons my life sucks more now than before, a review of the best mental wards for depression, just a flow of consciousness pieces.

Fast forward to last year, when I discovered a couple of blogs I had set up and forgotten.  They were on the blogger platform including this blog and there was some traffic.  Nothing spectacular but some page views on a few articles someone found interesting enough to click on.  Now I combined the blogs for this blog and now I find that getting followers is much more difficult.

In my mind, blogging is a great past time but making money, the kind of money everyone talks about.  Like leave your 6 figure salary job for the easy life of a blogger just doesn't exist anymore.  Not that I have been able to see.

I have said before and I will say it here.  The ones making the money are the ones offering training to tell people how to make money on the internet.  Everyone seems to be scrambling to make the blogging thing work but I am not seeing this happening easily or often.


As I already have a good paying job, I use blogging just to reach out and virtually touch someone, I don't have any predisposed ideas about making money from this or any venture based on blogging.

If you are highly successful blogging or know someone who is, I would love to hear about it.

In the meantime I will continue to write from time to time and enjoy the fact that 300 or so pageviews means at least there is some interest to fuel my desire to march forward.  Who knows, maybe the tide will turn one day to make this a viable venture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If?

Reflecting on the Time Since the Signing