Weekend of Bewilderment

Events occur in almost random fashion and are usually pretty nondescript for the most part but every once in a while a situation will command all of your attention and throw you back just a bit.  In the week that preceded this particular weekend you would not have noticed much that would have been noteworthy but then a realization occurred that practically floored me.  The people who I had trusted completely proved themselves as self serving as others in my life.  This has made me have to become guarded.

I generally trust people to do the right thing because I still believe people on the whole are generally good.  However, in recent times more people close to me have challenged my beliefs to the point that I am not sure who to trust.  It is notoriously unsettling to have to rely on ones own intuition to make potentially life changing decisions.  Especially in areas that I may not be particularly well informed.

Moving into the weekend I did what I always do when life changing decisions must be made, take walks, cook and pray like a death row inmate on the way to his state ordered demise.

I finally realized I must take control and rely on my faith to help me make the right decisions.  Faith that I will exercise good judgment to keep from destroying life as I know it for myself and others directly involved.  Faith that no matter what everything happens for a reason.

When life gets really hard I usually head to the mall or a bookstore.  This weekend I ended up at 2 malls and a bookstore.  Didn't buy anything mind you, just helps to get out of the apartment to sort things out. It was pretty uneventful although a couple of ladies from Louisiana (or so they said) asked me to take their picture at the mall so that was nice.  I did make my way over to eat dinner out which I never do.  It was a cool place called Dukes Roadhouse where the girls are bouncy and sparkly.
Great atmosphere and the food is pretty good too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If?

Reflecting on the Time Since the Signing