Turtles and the Way of Life

There is a pond near where I work.

I take walks around this park for a little respite from the rigors of my day.  When it is hot (like it always seems to be) the turtles can be found lounging on rocks and logs floating in the cement pond.  The amazing thing is as you walk up some turtles will jump into the water immediately, some will wait just a little bit and others (bravest of them all) will just wait to see what is going to happen.

I couldn't help but think this is like people in business.  Some will scurry at the first sign of trouble.  Others will hang in just a little longer and then the few brave ones will just hang in and wait for some sign of impending danger.  Which group would you be in?

Personally I like to think I am in the middle group but would like to gather enough bravery to hang in with the few brave ones who will ride out the situation and stay on top.  The poor turtles who jump first will lose their choice position and have to start all over.  Sound familiar?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If?

Reflecting on the Time Since the Signing