Partners in Time

When I came in from visiting the Galleria I noticed that they had a video clip of the Jimmy Fallon show on Yahoo!.  The clip was of a song performed by the rejuvenated band the Cars.  Back in the day (1979, 1980)

I remember hearing the Cars "Let's Go" song for the first time.  It was with a girl (woman actually since she was 5 years my senior) and she just came back to me so vividly while watching this video.  Debbi was a very special sort.  I knew her younger sister from school and my uncle knew their mother since he had repaired some sort of ding in their family car.

Debbi and I were not romantically involved per se but she is the one I consider my first love.  We would hang out by the pool in her apartment complex, go for a drive or just kick back and talk.  We worked together for the same company and really clicked on a very endearing level but never resorted to physical intimacy.

This is what I would really consider the ultimate if I just had someone I could hang out with and talk. Just to be around someone else who was so easy to talk to about anything really.

My life took a dastardly turn after that and I lost contact with Debbi.  I hope she did well for herself and found true happiness.

You see I had to make a decision.  I could live with her or go to bible college.  At the time it wasn't very difficult to make that decision but seeing how the whole bible college thing worked out, living with her might have been the better choice.

Who knows, but it is nice to relive those moments these 30 odd years later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If?

Reflecting on the Time Since the Signing